Job Title :
Administrator, Finance Expertise Center
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
Finance and Accounting
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
47 417- 59 271
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
The Administrator reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Expertise Centre and handles and resolves simple requests and issues for internal and external clients requiring assistance with transactions related to financial functions and processes. They record requests received by telephone and email, and communicate with the appropriate people to obtain the information needed to respond to requests and issue purchase orders that fall under their purview as required.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- The Administrator assists internal clients with all administrative requests. They analyze and process requests as quickly as possible in accordance with the governance rules applicable to each process. They escalate more complex requests to a senior analyst. They are in charge of generating purchase orders for expenditures under $25,000.
- The Administrator assists internal and external clients with Oracle transactions related to Procure-to-Pay administrative functions and processes. They assist and support users experiencing issues with receiving and processing invoices, releasing holds, etc.
- The Administrator records and sorts requests and is the first point of contact for users. They produce statistical reports about the requests received by the Financial Expertise Centre.
- A college diploma in administration, finance or procurement and 3–5 years of experience in administration, finance or procurement.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact and negotiate with others
- Excellent communication skills in English and French
- Attention to detail, meticulousness, rigour and proactiveness
- Ability to identify and solve problems, and strong organization and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, problems and requests from internal clients in a timely manner
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Ease navigating through various systems and ability to explain processes to users and guide them through the steps
- Knowledge of Oracle an asset
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.