Job Title :
Development Specialist - Finance Expertise Center
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
Finance and Accounting
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
68 390 - 85 488
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
The Development Specialist reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Expertise Centre and is in charge of maintaining and supporting the evolution of financial processes and tools. Moreover, they are the superuser for the Oracle iProcurement module. They analyze systems, identify issues and propose solutions to complex problems. They develop and maintain documentation and training about governance, processes and the procurement/finance system. They are in charge of communicating with various parties to resolve issues.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
System and process analysis
• Analyze request and system management reports, identify issues, recommend the best solutions to resolve complex problems and optimize the system while ensuring governance rules are applied and complied with.
• Document and address issues requiring escalation to reach a decision when applying a policy and help to develop suitable change management plans.
• Handle complex requests and issues that require in-depth analyses and/or superuser access.
• Participate in continuous improvement projects and impact assessments, and manage the implementation of system change requests.
• Act as a resource person by offering support to users in their department and from other departments
• Prioritize and coordinate workflow in such a way as to optimize efficiency and the amount of time required to complete tasks or address issues with the team.
• Develop documentation and user guides for Oracle iProcurement modules to reflect process revisions and system updates.
• Develop and deliver training sessions on governance, processes and the procurement system.
• Help to resolve problems with multidisciplinary teams such as Procurement and Accounts Payable.
• Prepare improvement service requests, participate in developing the Oracle iProcurement module and conduct necessary tests.
• Regularly conduct acceptance testing and validate updates and corrections made to the Oracle environment.
• Oversee security and manage user accesses to the iProcurement modules based on levels and profiles.
• Have a university degree in business administration, finance or operations.
• Have 6–8 years of experience managing tasks and prioritizing and reviewing accounting and procurement processes.
• Also have 5 years of experience in a role that supports employee development or human resources. (An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.)
• Proficiency with accounting/procurement transaction systems (Procure-to-Pay)
• Ability to make decisions, strategize, interact and negotiate with others
• Excellent communication skills in English and French
• Ability to work well under pressure and in changing environments
• Demonstrated strong ability to improve processes and control quality in accordance with departmental requirements and objectives
• Ability to develop optimal solutions to complex problems
• Demonstrated meticulousness and rigour in conducting quality assurance assessments
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
• Ease navigating through various systems and ability to explain processes to users and guide them through the steps
• Knowledge of Oracle an asset
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.