Job Title :
On-train Service Attendant (Food Services)- Montreal
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
VIA Rail Canada Inc. is currently seeking 12 On-Train Service Attendants for our Montreal Terminal.
Welcome to people with experience in the food, restaurant, hospitality industry or airline company (flight attendant)!
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt appreciation for their business. We share your belief and have built our reputation on providing excellent service, in a safe and secure environment.
Based in Montreal, you will be called upon to travel to Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City, Gaspe, Jonquière and Senneterre.
Contributing to their pleasurable trip, you will provide passengers with a comfortable and safe experience:
• welcoming and guiding them to their cabin or seat
• giving safety instructions
• helping with baggage
• serving meals (including meat)
• serving beverages (including alcoholic beverages)
• selling snacks and refreshments
• ensuring the tidiness and cleanliness of the bedrooms and work areas
If routine is not your “cup of tea”, you like challenges and can thrive under pressure, you will connect with our customer service teams. Satisfying customers tactfully always prevails over occasional irritants and unpleasant situations.
Some important details about the job:
You are available to work:
• on variable schedule including weekends and holidays and on call (no guaranteed hours)
• away from your home terminal for extended periods (up to 3 days at a time)
• as early as 4:40 am
You will follow a training session of approximately five weeks which must be successfully completed to obtain the position.
Training start :November 11th 2019
Hourly training rate: $15/hour
Hourly On-train Service Attendant rate: $23.11/hour
You are well-suited for this challenge if you:
• have a strong ability to communicate with a smile, both in English and French (spoken)
• possess a High School Diploma
• have a minimum of one year of customer service experience, ideally in food service industry, restaurant or airline company as a flight attendant
• must be physically able to lift weights up to 23kg
Benefit from a complete and competitive salary and benefits package in a safe work environment.
Above all, you will find kindred spirits committed to teamwork and quality in the pursuit of excellence in customer service.
Come aboard and apply now!
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.