Job Title :
Senior Technical Advisor, Technical Support
Reference Number :
Permanent - Full time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
72 770 - 90 962
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
To ensure top quality and reliability issues are prioritized and resolved. To provide technical support, optimize maintenance and overhaul programs, and develop equipment modification packages. Review material needs and qualify suppliers.
Top EM issues
- Prioritizes the issues, assesses the resources required to resolve issues, coordinates with Technical Services (TS) as required, ensures root cause is found, initiates action plans to ensure their resolution, communicates status to EM senior management.
- Ensures that requests for technical support are handled appropriately and monitors progress to resolution.
- Recommends EM training requirements.
Provides technical expertise and support
- To EM personnel, training department, and Operations department.
- When major equipment modifications are made, when new or overhauled equipment is placed in service, or when otherwise required.
- Supports Duty officer 24/7 with technical or operational emergencies.
- Participates in daily EM Reliability conference call and follows up on new issues.
- Finds and identifies repeat equipment failures to EM senior management. Recommends actions.
- Identifies potential areas of improvement in EM and TS to reduce waste.
For maintenance and overhaul programs
- Reviews equipment performance to establish the optimum maintenance overhaul frequency.
- Defines the scope of work.
- Develops maintenance, repair, and overhaul specifications.
- Estimates engineering, material, and labor costs.
- Monitors the impact of changes to the Maintenance Program and start up of the overhaul program and makes adjustments as required.
Quality Internal Audits
- Conduct Internal Audits per audit schedule and follow up on observations until resolution.
- Support external audits as required.
- Conduct Audits of suppliers as needed.
- Conduct Inspection of E Inspection and issue Quality Bulletin. Follow-up on issues and prepare KPI.
- Initiate NCRs when non-conformances are identified and actively participate in resolution.
- Maintain NCR database current and follow up on open items.
- Initiate and obtain resolution for derogations.
- Prepares Bills of Material and Material Stocking Requests (MSR) for the modifications and programs and MSR’s for replacement parts.
- Qualifies new and existing suppliers for providing new products or services. Reviews with Reliability or project engineers.
- Establishes material quality requirements for optimum cost.
For equipment modifications
- Manage small projects to support Technical Services.
- Develops a preliminary design, oversees a prototype installation with unionized labor, prepares the fleet modification instructions and submits for approval.
- Defines the maintenance requirements for the new configuration.
College Diploma in Electrical or Electromechanical Technology with minimum 7 years of pertinent experience.
- Railway or heavy transportation equipment experience.
- Experience with technical support and root cause analysis
- Ability to understand and deal with both electrical and mechanical issues.
Would be an asset:
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Professional Designation.
- Exposure to design of electrical control and distribution.
- CAD software.
Ability to coach technicians and supervisors at VMC and WMC.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize them quickly.
Ability to work autonomously.
Strong communication skills.
Ability to work in a team and to collaborate with others.
Strong organizational skills.
Strong analytical capacity and problem-solving skills.
Flexible: Adapts easily to change.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.