Job Title :
Station Attendant- MONTREAL
Reference Number :
Permanent - Part time
Job Category :
Annual Salary / Hourly Rate :
Number of positions to be filled :
Application Deadline :
VIA Rail Canada Inc. is currently seeking 8 Station Attendants for Montreal Central Station (includes Dorval Station).
If excellent customer service is to provide a warm and personalized customer experience, meet the needs of passengers with eagerness, efficiency and sincerely express your appreciation, we need you. Our reputation is based on our excellent customer service, in a safe and secure environment.
You will guide passengers in the station or on the platform accordingly and you will also:
• verify tickets
• make announcements and provide information on train arrivals, departures as well as delays
• assist passengers with special needs
• perform general janitorial duties in and outside the station
Here are a few other tasks you will be responsible for:
• manipulate baggage, packages or other items such as sports equipment
• work outdoors in all climactic conditions
• operate a motorized vehicle in narrow areas
• load luggages aboard the train
If routine is not your “cup of tea”, you like challenges and can thrive under pressure, you will connect with our customer service teams. Satisfying customers tactfully always prevails over occasional irritants and unpleasant situations.
Welcome to people with experience in tourism, hospitality or airline company!
Some important details about the job:
You are available to work on:
• variable schedule including weekends and holidays (with a minimum guarantee of 20 hours).
• shifts varying between 4 and 10 hours a day (beginning as early as 5:00 am and ending as late as 11:30 pm or until the train arrives if there is a delay).
• possibility of layoff
You will follow a two-week training session which must be successfully completed before obtaining the position. You must be available for the training session starting November 4th 2019.
during training: $15.00/hour
once position obtained: $26.27/hour
You are well-suited for this challenge if you:
• have a strong ability to communicate with a smile, both in English and French (spoken)
• possess a High School Diploma
• have a minimum of one year of customer service experience
• possess a valid driver’s license
• must be physically able to manipulate, on a repetitive basis, items weighing up to 23kg (50 lbs)
Benefit from a complete and competitive salary and benefits package in a safe work environment.
Above all, you will find kindred spirit committed to teamwork and quality in the pursuit of excellence in customer service.
Come aboard and apply now!
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.